• The origins of the school can be traced back to Ballymodan School for girls, built in 1814, which was located in Oliver Plunkett Street, Bandon.  

  • In 1922, the boys from the school on St. Patrick’s Quay, which had been the former Methodist Church, moved to Oliver Plunkett Street.  The school became known as ‘Ballymodan Mixed’.

  • The Munster Arms Hotel purchased Ballymodan school buildings in 1964.  The old school on St.Patrick’s Quay served as a furniture store for many years.  The old crest can be seen on the wall.

  • In 1960, a new school was completed on the present site and opened with Ms.Betty Beamish as principal.  The school had two teachers at the time. 

  • In 1967, a pre-fabricated building was erected and, with the amalgamation with Innishannon N.S., Bandonbridge became a three-teacher school. 

  • The school was extended in 1976 with the addition of five new classrooms.  With the amalgamation with Brinny N.S., Bandonbridge N.S. staff increased to five teachers.

  • In 2006, a new classroom, with a staffroom upstairs, was built to cater for the increasing numbers. 

  • The most recent development, completed in 2014 added two large classroom, which are ideal for the Infant classes' Aistear programmes. Offices were built for the secretary and principal with a large foyer area.

  • Today the school has a staff of eighteen – an administrative principal, eight class teachers, four special education teachers, an EAL teacher, three SNAs and a secretary, all of whom continue the tradition of dedicated service to the school.

Our History

Show More

© 2019 by Bandonbridge N.S. 

  • Bandonbridge P.A,
  • Twitter